Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tisket, Tasket, can I fill a basket!


We sure do live in a cheerful, giving community! As I have been going about my life, I just ask for things, and so far, no one has said 'no'! My "Girlfriend Day/Mental Health" basket overfloweth. Sephora, Beauty Alliance and Bath & Bodyworks has been very gracious to the cause. It now consists of: $30 gift card to Zoe's, two hour-long massages, a bottle of Marc Jacobs body lotion, YSL perfume, 2 lip glosses and 1 lipstick (Laura Mercier), a dual makeup pencil sharpener, two small bottles of body lotion (Orchid), Matrix Biolage Shampoo, Conditioner and body lotion, Kenra Hair Finishing Spray. All of those were full size items! There are various 'samples' of hair products included also.

Today's project is to get an U of Alabama basket filled. That Nick Saban football looks so lonely! Walmart didn't say 'no', but I need a letter from my church first. That is next on my agenda. Swing by the church to get some letterhead, then swing by the usual athletic stores in the area. Sports is not my thing, so I'm winging it (that's how I live most of my life anyhoo).

Oh, and I forgot the selfish part of all this! When I left Walmart, Rob and Shannon were out front doing their broadcast and handed me two tickets to the Alabama Theatre to see Bowfire. I just took them, said thanks, and kept walking. My mind was so focused on sports I just assumed it was a sporting event. I was on a mission and hate being distracted. I am so excited about this now. AND it's the night we are doing the 18 anniversary dinner, so it's a perfect timing. They are very Celtic. I love Celtic.

I am not having such wonderful luck with the 'Bama 'Basket. I need to send my hubby dearest and #1son. I'll switch gears and focus on Cajun Basket. But that one will make me hungry !!!

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I can't wait to see your bowfire review. That is going to be awesome!
The baskets are coming along! I cant wait for the sale. Remind me, ok?
And remember-Barkley and Bo knows Leigh. Smile.....and Kenny Chesney. But of course.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

check it out..I left you a long comment to yours on my blog..
have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

OMG!! I found you!!! HAHAHA You are a friggin riot! I have been LMAO at your past posts..