Friday, April 18, 2008

No Pain, No Gain


I've blown off exercising for the past week. It's hard to eat and exercise at the same time. Last night I returned to Hip Hop dance class and this morning I feel it! I slept really well last night and this morning I was sore when I got out of bed. I drank two bottles of water before I went to bed to ward off pain, but it wasn't enough. Thankfully I'm getting my hair cut this morning and that should be a wonderful pick-me-up.

I must focus on the fact I have lost 3 of the cake pounds. I pulled out my bathing suit as a reminder of my goal. Sadly, when I pulled out my blue suit, I found an army green BIKINI I purchased last year. Bikini = Abs. Not good...not good at all. Now that the weather is nice I need to walk every evening. And see if Andrew's orthodontist can sew my mouth shut.

On a happy-happy-joy-joy note, I've been sent a bloggy BBF. Thanks Leigh! Leigh attends Hip Hop Dance Class (Special Ed level) with me. She and Flo are on the graceful side of the room. I'm the fool who is falling all over herself and is about 15 steps behind. It's so bad that our instructor, Chesney, put curtains over the mirrors so she can't see me. She claims it's because it's too much of a hassle to put them back up, but I know the truth.

Oh, and Leigh....my pirate name is Dirty Bess Rackham.

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Well Yarn Whore, I am Black Bess Flint-"Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!"

Wow, that made me smile. And I thought Chesney put the curtains up on my behalf. Certinaly you aren't watching me if you called me anything with grace, except disgraceful. But I do love the dance we are doing!

Belly Dancer-need to find out the video.

Can you beleive class will be done in 2 weeks? SAD!