Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm in yarn hell

I'm in super denial. I have this utterly organized, black one-inch, three-ringed binder that I have all my patterns in. I print out the free patterns online, and on one side, I enlarge the photo, then print the directions on the back. I spent hours over my monitor on Garnstudio.com alone. I went page by page looking at the thousands of patterns. I printed out only the ones that I adored. There are dozens of them in the notebook. When I go yarn shopping, I take the book with me and when I see fabulous yarn on sale, I ask the sales person to help me with the yarn-to-pattern conversion. I then write on the front of the pattern which yarn to use. This justifies all the yarn I have around the house. I tell hubby dearest "that's for the blahblahblah sweater." It makes me feel like the hoarded yarn has a purpose. My family knows the sacredness of the black notebook. My yarn friends are jealous. Yarn store owners stare at it in awe. It's a wonderful creation. As chaotic as my life is, the black notebook was perfection.

That was until the black notebook went missing. I scoured the house. Looked under and over everything. I looked in my car, even the black hole of a trunk. I went to the church where we have the knitting group and looked all over, with a friend. It's no where to be found. I know the truth: It's been booknapped. I want it back. I have all this yarn and don't know what it's for.

If you see it, please contact me. It's my life. That's how pathetic my life is.

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, my gosh! I hope you find it, Terri!