Monday, April 21, 2008

Life is good



Last week I felt like I was Oprah. I'm not black, rich, a celeb or a jet-setter. But I do have a love/hate relationship with my weight, I worry about my pets, love-love-love-love free/discounted things and happy occurrences always seem to go my way when I have a positive attitude.

A cat as adopted us. She was a stray from the creek in the back yard and she was dying. She weighed about 3 pounds when I taught her to eat. I didn't want her to die in pain and thought a bite of tuna may make her feel better. Anyway, she's a vibrant cat now and comes in our house when the doors are open. "Stripey Cat" has a urinary tract infection and it would cost us $185 to take her to the vet (before the cost of meds). A client of mine diagnosed her with a urinary tract infection. That afternoon another client of mine offered to call in antibotics for me to give her. Wow.....I got out of this cheaply. It was called into the Publix, which offers 8 different antibotics for FREE, and this was one of the free ones! Taking care of God's animals has its rewards :)

Then, I had a delightful new client on Friday. I was discussing the Mountain Marketplace raffle and baksale/cafe. I'm working diligently on that this week. The raffle baskets are coming together nicely! I have a 'family' basket, a 'cajun' basket, and a 'girl friend' basket. Each has restaurant coupons and various other things. I had a connection to get a football signed by Nick Saban, but thought it was a longshot. I cannot describe how surprised I am that Nick Saban and JP Wilson signed TWO footballs for us to raffle/silent auction and they are in my possession! I also have a shot of getting one signed by Bart Starr. I told this to my new client, since he's a Bama grad, and he was happy for me. When my client left, he handed me a a check for $100 made out to the church as a donation! I was so touched! My goal for the raffle/silent auction is $1000, so I'm 10% there! My food goal is $2000.

And lastly, there seems to be some glitch in the Victoria's Secret computer system. Every day I receive a card in the mail for a free panty. So far, I have three :) Each one is addressed differently to me, so I'm hoping this will continue every month!

And I lost 1.5 pounds! Now I need to get moving on finishing those dresses. Gotta keep the good karma going. Maybe I'm more Earl than Oprah. I dress like a fat version of Joy Hickey. I'll ponder on that as I'm crocheting today!

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What a great mojo you have going on! That is awesome! I'll buy raffle tix, my son would love to win the Bama basket. Of course I will be going for the girlfriend or food basket. I know your surprised!