Saturday, April 5, 2008

My husband is one smart cookie

No, he didn't find the book, but he did the next best thing. I think he was tired of that forlorn look in m eyes. No matter where I am in the house, my eyes are always on high alert for the notebook. After he cooked me dinner last night, he said, "let's go to the bookstore." That's a common hang out for him on the weekend evenings. Sadly, it used to be hip bars, 25 minute Madonna remixes & Crown and Coke but now it's Barnes and Noble, Caramel Macchiatos & pseudo-intellectuals. My how times have changed. But I digress......

After our coffees, we headed home, but hubby had another idea. He pulled the car into the Office Depot parking lot and said the most glorious words in the world, "Let's get you a new notebook." Now, I had never thought of purchasing a new one. I am a reuser and was going to use whatever our son could salvage after the school year was over. But I feared there wouldn't be one capable of holding my beloved pages. If you have an 8th grader, you know what I'm talking about. After 9 months in a cramped locker and backpack, most notebooks look like they've been in a 3rd world, war-torn country.

Before my eyes was an entire wall devoted to notebooks. I carefully chose one that was just perfect. It's preppy striped. No one will EVER mistake this for anything but a girl thing. I ran home and spent an hour looking for many of the patterns I had. I will print them today.

So, the hubby knew what he was doing. He got thanked in a BIG way ;)

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

wink, wink...I'll bet he did. How sweet and thoughtful. Sounds like a keeper.