Monday, April 14, 2008

Hooking on a Monday

Got one dress crocheted. My goal is at least one a day. Deep purple on the top and the material is lavendar with navy and deep purple flowers. Woo Hoo! I'm hitting the mango orange one next! I wish crocheting/knitting were an aerobic sport.

I spent my morning at the dermatologist. I highly recommend Dr. Henderson at Shelby. I hate wasting my time at other people's discretion and waiting rooms really annoy the heck out of me. I came prepared with two knitting mags and post-its to flag pages to copy. My wait time was under 5 minutes. I went into my room with the nurse, reviewed why I was there, then waited under a minute before the doctor came in. I was over and done in under 30 minutes from entering the office to leaving the office. When I was down with the flu, I was on the sofa for a week watching crappy TV. All those syphilis commercials convinced me my skin condition was syphilis and that I needed to get to the doc ASAP before the insanity set in. I have seborrheic dermatitis and will survive. I was on the road by 11 am.

That gave me my usual Monday...hanging with the galpal. Lunch and hanging out at her house. I'd write more, but as she said, "What happens in the kitchen, stays in the kitchen." It literally was a Sex and the City episode (without the sex). Then to the grocery and made my #1 child grilled cheese.

I have to block the foodnetwork channel from his TV. He saw Bobby Flay throwdown grilled cheese. And he wanted it at 9:30 pm yesterday. I had no bread, Brie, goat cheese or bacon in the house, so a market trip was in order. It was a good sandwich, but not as good as I anticipated. I did like the bacon in the middle. Bobby put a green tomato slice in the middle, but #1 son wasn't having any part of that. I'm glad it wasn't intricate. He liked it, but not *that* much. I guess I'll be eating a lot of cheese this week!

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Glad you had a good day! Did you say cheese? oh, geez-you know I am a cheese conosaurre. True, I cannot spell it, but I am it.
You'd best post some after shots of those dresses, mz olympian "hooker".

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

bloggy bling and link love for you at my place....