Sunday, April 13, 2008

Whoring on a Sunday -- I have no shame

Really, it's Leigh's fault. She was sniffing around my blog and followed the scent of food. I mentioned the June 21 Mountain Marketplace that the church is having and *wham* I remembered I needed to make some things for the church donations. I've been so wrapped up in chairing up the bake sale (I've scrapped that idea and have upgraded it to a Cafe) that I forgot that I had to make something.

I thought long and hard about what I could make. Should I use up the large box of bead I have and make lots of jewelry? Naw..I'm used to the bead clutter. How about use up all the fun ribbon yarn and make a ton of scarves? Naw...it's in June. Who wants a scarf in June? Then I remembered this cute thing I saw on HGTV. I went to Hancock's fabrics to see what I could scrounge up that was summery. Mind you, this was last November. The clearance bin was a goldmine! So, without further ado, I am making about 15 of these cute dresses for little girls. It takes me about two hours to crochet the top part and my sister will sew the fabric. She's a whiz with a sewing machine. I"m having trouble deciding a price. I usually just double or triple my cost, but when I say I purchased this on super clearance, I'm serious. I need to go nosing around cute girl shops. having a son, I only know the cost of t-shirts, underarmour shirts and cargo pants.

I'm inspired to get these done so I can go back to my ribbon summer sweater. I'm selfish that way.

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That is PRECIOUS! I ove that. I thought it was a ladies top and I was ready to buy. I will bet FLo will be all about that. I will have to feel out Sister Sledge. She doesnt like anything to girl thee days, but sooooooo cute. And really they could wear with jeans as a top when it gets to short. I love that Terri.

And you know, if there is food involved I am there. Smile.

Terri said...

Thanks Leigh! When I saw that made, I was saddened that I didn't have a girl, but thought it through, and quickly changed my mind! It's so much fun to make things for girls. Andrew uses my balls of yarn as baseballs.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOL! It is more fun shopping and making for a girl...but they grow up way to fast. I hope I can make it through these next 10 years without being on seditives.