Saturday, April 12, 2008

Whoring for the church

I've gained 6 pounds (no kidding) because I've been baking for the semi-annual church bake sale. Chocolate chip pecan cookies , chocolate crinkles, peanut butter cookies and chocolate spritz cookies. I love to lick the bowls. But that's not where I got into trouble. It was fuckydamn's birthday cake she made for her husband. Words cannot describe this gastronomical gift from the food gods. I saw the cake on FoodNetwork's Throwdown with Bobby Flay. It was the cheesecake episode. Bobby made this phenomenal Caramel Apple cheesecake (which won) but it was up against a Devil Food Cheesecake. What is so amazing about a Devil's Food Cheesecake? This ain't no ordinary cake. It's a four layered cake. yes, a 4 layered cheesecake. The devils food cake is just three layers, but between the first and second layer of the decadent cake is a hidden layer that is a cheesecake. This thing is so amazing, that the FoodNetwork will not even have a photo of it on their website! And between these layers of heaven is this fluffy fudge icing. It's very fudgy, yet light. It's a miracle icing.

She didn't have a cake plate that was high enough to hold this 10 inch tall cake so she gave me half of it. Except for the one large slice my son took, I ate it all. Yes, I say that proudly. If you had it in front of you, you'd eat it all too. I promise. Here's a photo of the SMALL cake recipe. Picture it in your mind with two more layers of cake.

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK, you made me hungry! Where's the sale. I need to go for a fix.

Terri said...

It was Saturday, but we are also having Mountain Marketplace on June 21. An artist and craft extravaganza AND a bakesale. Bluff Park UMC (near Sisters Two).

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

ooooowwwww! And I can visit fran Jusy at Sisters twqo at the same time. Ok, send me a reminder email, will you, closer to time? Will you remember?

Terri said...

I will I will! art, food, and Sister's Two! what a day you will have!