Sunday, May 25, 2008

Food, Basket and general Mountain Marketplace update

I've been test baking for the bake sale. I've narrowed my baking down to the following:

Hummingbird cupcakes with California granola (dried pineapple, banana, etc) on the top.
Homemade Turtles
Toffee Bars
Apple Coffee Cake
Paula Deen's Sour Cream Pound Cake

I absolutely love to bake. I'd do it for a living, but I'd be so friggin fat, I'd never be able to fit thru the doors to get to the market. I'd be found dead in my kitchen with a spatula dried to my lips and a smile on my face. Hey...it's one great way to go, isn't it?

The baskets have taken on a life of their own. My "Family Weekend" basket has turned into a "Summer Family Fun" Basket. Dinner for 4 to California Pizza Kitchen, 2 tickets to the Rave, and I've been promised tickets to Alabama Adventure, McWane Center, Bowling and the Zoo. I have three other places I haven't followed up on but feel good about them. Gotta get this one wrapped up this week so I can tackle the "Cooking" basket. Then the "Crafter's Basket". I'm down to under four weeks now. Time to crack that whip. Any blogging help would be appreciated if you have a hookup.

Today my boys went to Atlanta. They were given free tix to the Braves game. Did I use my alone time wisely and clean, do more church whoring, knitting or anything of the sort? Heck no. Instead, I trolled around thrifty, moneysaving blogs and signed up to receive about 50 free items in the mail over the next month. I used to be very thrifty and coupon conscious, but got off track. It was my sport, and after seeing how many women are sporty like that, I've decided to jump back on the band wagon. I printed out a lot of coupons. I need to find my old coupon organizer and get back to organizing it. I used to take the money saved and put it in a jar and use it on vacations for the fun stuff. Maybe I'll use the money for my secret yarn or my Ireland savings account. Now that will motivate me!

Free stuff:
Free Stainless Steel Cleaning Kit
Free bottle of Coffee-Mate
Lubriderm Lotion
Can of Mighty Dog dog food
Ban Deodorant, Excedrin, Tampons, Frizz-Ease and Drink mixes @ Walmart
Ziplock Bags
Sunsilk Shampoo
Dove Shampoo
Aveda Lifting Serum
Nature Made 14 Day Vitamins
Emergen-C
French Vanilla Splenda
Seattle's Best Coffee
Yogi's Tea
True Lemon (I'm excited about this one)
Smoothie from Taco Bell
Purex
More animal food
Starbucks Coffee
Caress Brazilian Body Wash
a 0.97 Walmart shirt for my neice
2 Molson beer tshirts

Those are the ones I can remember. Seems those blogging chicks know how to work the local CVS. I guess i need to start shopping there too. I'm not big on the facial freebies. i get tons of that stuff thru work, along with about 10 magazines free every month. Southern Living, Health, Country something, Architechural Digest, Hallmark ( great mag!), Fitness, and a few others I usually give away to clients.

I'm gonna learn to work the online coupons. That's my next step.

No comments: