Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy Worker Bee....Reporting to Duty

I have decided I have enough crocheted dresses and hope that one will sell. This weekend (possibly) my sis will sew the bottoms and I'll post a picture. I think they are cute, hopefully others will also. I hope the "Creations" booth will make a lot of money! I know the bake sale will. Our church is full of so many great bakers.

Baskets are rolling along. Yesterday I picked up 2 hours of bowling including shoe rental at Vestavia Bowl. I'm going to confirm Alabama Adventure, McWane and The Zoo. I don't have them in my hands yet, but they said 'we'll get it processed' when I called. I just want them in my hands and will get the baskets to Judy to beautify. I feel like I should get them to her a few weeks prior since she's being so generous as to wrap and bow them for us.

As for being a bargain shopper, I know it will take time, but I'm still working on it. I've applied to get a ton of free samples, and utilizing the 'freebies' system, I got free this week:
Scotchbrite Stainless Steel Cleaner
2 bottles of Excedrin Migraine
2 tubes of Colgate Toothpaste
1 can Meow Mix seafood Medleys

Also got:
2 free panties from Victoria's Secret
MS Office 2007 Student Version (my FD had an extra copy and gave it to me)
$15 Best Buy Rewards. Andrew took these to use toward GTA IV (stop judging me)

My short-term goal is to save at least 50% on my grocery bill every time I go. Well, 50% on anything I buy. So far I've done that. I spent $20.69 at Publix, and my Total Savings was $24.56. The child needed new sheets and I got some good ones at BB&B @ 40% off and then my 20% off coupon. Wed nights will be my grocery planning/food savings night. I"ll clip coupons and search the grocery flyers to see how I can save. I also found this nifty website to make all the 'freebies' easier (and less time consuming) to utilize.

Well, off to work. Seems my clients only wanted to come in the last part of the week, so my Thurs, Fri and Saturday are BOOKED SOLID. I'm happy about that!

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK, I wient to all the web sites and no where on them did I find where I could request a sample. Where did you sign up for this? Email me the info so I can do it.