Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back from Insanityland

I always lose my mind the last few weeks of school. I'm not quite sure why that is, but it's a fact I'm learning to live with. Usually it has to do somehow with Andrew. He missed three weeks of school this year and really got behind, especially in Math and Spanish. I realized right after spring break that we only had 6 weeks to get his one C, four D's and one F up. So, we have been diligently working on school things. He busted his butt (amazing what the threat of losing an XBox will do) and brought his grades up to an A, two B's and three C's. I'm very proud of him. He does have a summer tutor for Math and I'm going to check out CD's for Spanish practice.

And the recession that has been here for about a year is freaking me out. I keep having these panic attacks that my business will slowly wither away. My Mother's Day gift certificate sales were waaaaay down, and I panicked. But looking at my books, I see that business is actually better, just shifting. I have many more weekly "paying" clients than usual, and less GC clients. So life is actually very good!

More tomorrow...today is MY day. I'll fill y'all in later on that.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: