Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lap Blankets

One thing I learned from watching Knitty Gritty, when it used to be on TV, was that it is fun to make things from scraps of left-over yarn.  People tend to stick to colors that are in the same color scheme.

With this in mind, I took a lot of my left-overs and decided that men don't need Prayer Shawls, but a nice lap blanket would be nice.  I had a few skeins of a mixed color beige and every few inches, I would add a row of solid color.  The beige is just knitted in garter stitch and the solid color is stockingette.  You can see the results and I think they are beautiful!  Instead of adding a cross charm in the corner, I thought it would be nice to just sew a cross in the corner.  I thought the picot trim was a nice touch.  I've made 2 of them, and may have enough to make one more. 

No comments: